In the event of a campus climate incident, reports may be submitted online to the Campus Climate Reporting System (CCRS).
Reports may be submitted by various individuals impacted by the incident, including the victim(s), witness(es), or a third party who was informed of the incident but was not present at the time of its occurrence. The CCRS has a response timeframe of approximately 72 hours.
If an individual chooses not to report the incident via the online form, other reporting options are available during normal business hours:
- In person at the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall
- Via email by sending detailed information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone, 515-294-7612
Helpful hints for reporting a campus climate incident:
- Pay close attention to the date, time, and location of the incident. Providing as many facts as possible assists in the response to the incident.
- Describe the incident with as much detail as possible.
- Identify the individuals involved by name and/or Iowa State affiliation, if known.
- List possible witness(es) by name with contact information; please indicate whether there were witnesses to the incident.
- Recall that reports can be submitted via the online form, in person, via email, or by phone.