Homecoming 2019 Forms
The Veterinary Medical Alumni Association (VMAA) at Iowa State University is a long-established membership association that operates independently to enhance alumni, student and college interests.
Graduates of the College of Veterinary Medicine are asked to support the VMAA with annual dues of $50. Members elect a board of directors to plan and oversee the policies, activities and fiduciary responsibilities of the association. It is managed by volunteers with the intermittent use of clerical and student help.
A variety of initiatives are underwritten entirely or with major support from the VMAA. Its budget allocations include:
- support and organization of alumni activities during ISU's Homecoming (members can purchase discounted football tickets)
- funding for ISU Alumni Receptions held annually at three major professional meetings
- scholarship support for students
- support for special projects such as the Gentle Doctor magazine, the White Coat Ceremony, and the Ramsey Alumni Room
- Promote fellowship among alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Further the interests of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Advance and strengthen interaction between alumni and veterinary students
Outstanding Service Award
The Outstanding Service Award is given to an individual or individuals who have provided exceptional service to the Veterinary Medical Alumni Association and/or the alumni of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Kathleen Mullin, DVM ('87)
P.O. Box 1726
Ames, Iowa 50010