Welcome to our career development and recruitment website.
Thank you for your interest in recruiting our DVM students. The ISU-CVM has established a new program for potential employers to recruit ISU-CVM students called the Practice Partners Program. Similar to other CVMs, the Practice Partners Program will be the primary mechanism for practices, corporations, and other organizations to interact with ISU-CVM students for recruitment purposes.
Practice Partners can engage with ISU-CVM students in four main ways:
- Digital communication of employment opportunities (via a monthly email digest and online CVM Job Board accessible to all veterinary students)
- Participation in in-person networking and job fairs
- Collaboration with student clubs and organizations for educational events
- Provision of individual student career development consulting
Practice Partners pay a participation fee to SAVMA, used to provide educational and professional opportunities for veterinary students.
Interested in becoming a Practice Partner?
Practice Partners Digest Archives
In addition to participating in the Practice Partners Program, employers are also encouraged to use Iowa State University’s free job posting site called CyHire. CyHire is an online system where employers can create a company profile to post employment or preceptorship/externship opportunities. CyHire reaches not only current ISU-CVM students, but alumni as well.
To register for CyHire:
- Go to the following web site: https://cyhire.iastate.edu
- Click the Employers link.
- Click the “Sign Up and Post Job” to register for a new account using your business email address.
- Helpful hints: when posting your position, include “Veterinarian” or “Veterinary Associate” in your job title (for ease in searching using the key word “Veterinary”). When choosing your target audience, click “DVM Student” (not “Senior Student, which applies to undergraduates), as well as “Alum” if applicable. You can choose multiple categories using “Cntrl-Click.”
- Complete the form and click “Submit.”
- Once the CyHire system approves your registration, you will receive an email with your login information to go back in at any time and make updates. If you receive an email with questions regarding your employer registration, you must reply as requested before your job posting can be approved.