Class Entering Fall 2021 (Class of 2025)
The VMCAS application will open January 22, 2020 to give applicants more time to complete their application. Applicants will not be able to select specific veterinary schools until May 12, 2020. Iowa State's Veterinary Medicine supplemental application will also open May 12, 2020.
May 12, 2020
May 12, 2020 or ASAP
- Contact or remind recommenders. Verify they are willing to provide a letter of reference for you.
August 1, 2020 (or earlier)
- Order transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools you have attended.
August 15, 2020 (approximate)
- Check VMCAS for receipt of transcripts, recommendations. Follow up with transcript institution or recommender FIRST, then check with VMCAS if necessary. Give yourself time to correct problems BEFORE the deadline.
September 15, 2020, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- VMCAS application submitted
- At least 3 letters of evaluation submitted (Up to 6 will be accepted)
- Send all transcripts to VMCAS no later than September 15, 2020 - If you want your Summer 2020 grades to be considered in your initial academic evaluation, the transcript with grades must be received by VMCAS by September 15, 2020
- ISU Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application (electronically submitted with fee paid online or signature page and fee postmarked)
January 20, 2021
- Transcripts for Summer 2020 (if not sent initially) and Fall 2020 due - THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE in order to get final statuses out by February 15. Official transcripts need to be sent directly to Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. If your school has the option of sending the transcripts electronically (preferred), please email email@example.com. When ordering electronic transcrips, you may need to put this email in the "third-party" option. Do not send to Iowa State University (general).
- If sending via mail, please use the following address.
CVM Admissions2270 Veterinary Medicine1800 Christensen DriveIowa State UniversityAmes, IA 50011-1134
Notification of final application status (admit, alternate, deny) will be given no later than February 15, 2021
Class Entering Fall 2020 (Class of 2024)
February 14, 2020
Notification of final application status (admit, alternate, deny) will be given
March 15, 2020
Deadline for submission of Remain on Alternate List Form
April 15, 2020
Postmarked date to accept offer of admissions and pay deposit
July 1, 2020
Postmarked date for Spring 2020 transcripts (see email and mailing addresses for January 20 transcript process)