Notice to Class Entering Fall 2021 (Class of 2025)
The VMCAS application will open January 22, 2020 to give applicants more time to complete their application. Applicants will not be able to select specific veterinary schools until May 12, 2020. Iowa State's Veterinary Medicine supplemental application will also open May 12, 2020.
Class Entering Fall 2020 (Class of 2024)
May 9, 2019
- VMCAS web application available
- ISU-CVM supplemental application available
May 9, 2019 or ASAP
- Contact recommenders. Verify they are willing to provide a letter of reference for you.
August 1 (or earlier)
- Order transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools you have attended.
August 15 (approximate)
- Check VMCAS for receipt of transcripts, recommendations. Follow up with transcript institution or recommender FIRST, then check with VMCAS if necessary. Give yourself time to correct problems BEFORE the deadline.
September 17, 2019, 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time
- VMCAS application submitted
- At least 3 letters of evaluation submitted (Up to 6 will be accepted)
- Send all transcripts to VMCAS no later than September 17, 2019 - If you want your Summer 2019 grades to be considered in your initial academic evaluation, the transcript with grades must be received by VMCAS by September 17, 2019
- ISU Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application (electronically submitted, signature page and fee postmarked)
January 20, 2020
Postmarked date for Summer 2019 and Fall 2019 transcripts - THIS IS A FIRM DEADLINE in order to get final statuses out by February 15. Official transcripts need to be sent directly to Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine. If your school has the option of sending the transcripts electronically, please email based on the first letter of your last name to:
Notification of final application status – admit, alternate, deny will be given no later than February 15, 2020
March 15, 2020
Deadline for submission of Remain on Alternate List Form
April 15, 2020
Postmarked date to accept offer of admissions and pay deposit
July 1, 2020
Postmarked date for Spring 2020 transcripts (see email and mailing addresses for Feb. 1 transcript process)