Veterinary medical students wishing to transfer to Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine (ISU-CVM) are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The transfer applicant:
- Must have been in good standing throughout their entire period of enrollment in their current college of veterinary medicine. Students who have been dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons are not eligible to transfer.
- Must have completed similar undergraduate prerequisite courses as required by ISU-CVM and the curriculum at the veterinary school where they are currently enrolled must be comparable to that of ISU-CVM. If the transfer applicant is from an AVMA-listed (non-AVMA accredited) college of veterinary medicine, the applicant must be in the upper one-third of their class.
In addition, there must be sufficient space available in the class the applicant wishes and is qualified to enter. The applicant must also be available for a personal interview if requested.
Transfer Equivalency Tables
The Equivalency Tables below are guidelines to help students interested in transferring to Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine an estimation of what class they might transfer into. ISU courses in orange highlights indicate courses that do not have a direct match at the respective institution.
- St. Georges University/ISU Course Equivalency Guidelines (updated March, 2023)
- Ross University/ISU Course Equivalency Guidelines (updated January, 2023)
- St. Matthew's University/ISU Course Equivalency Guidelines (updated July, 2023)