Date, Time, and Location
Friday, May 7, 2021
Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa
Watch the Graduation Livestream
Dr. Kristen Obbink
Dr. Obbink has a BS in Zoology and DVM from Iowa State University, a master’s in public health (MPH) from the University of Minnesota. She is also a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine. In addition to working in private practice, she previously served as the State of Iowa’s enteric disease epidemiologist and coordinator for food and feed emergencies. In 2015, Dr. Obbink came to Iowa State University where she has served in multiple roles including most recently as the Acting COVID-19 Public Health Coordinator. Dr. Obbink currently serves as a Lead Public Health Veterinarian with the Center for Food Security and Public Health at the ISU College of Veterinary Medicine and is active in organized veterinary medicine at the state and national levels.
Watch the congratulations video from our CVM faculty, administrators, and colleagues.
Health and Safety Information
- Cyclones Care initiatives will be required. This includes the following:
- Wear a face covering.
- Maintain physical distance.
- Wash your hands often.
- Stay home if you are ill.
- Tickets are NOT required to attend the Veterinary Medicine Class 2021 Commencement Ceremony.
- Concessions are not available.
- Concourse vending machines will be operational.
- Bottled water and snacks may be brought into the venue.
- Seating for guests is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests in need of special accommodation seating (e.g., wheelchair seating, limited step seating, etc.) should locate an usher upon arrival in the seating area.
Parking and Drop-Off/Pick-Up:
- Handicap parking is available in the B2 parking lot.
- Guests can be dropped-off and picked-up at the west entrance and an elevator is available inside the doors.
- Special accommodation seating will be available on a first come, first served basis. Guests in need of special accommodation seating (e.g., wheelchair seating, limited step seating, etc.) should locate an usher upon arrival in the seating area.
- For convenience, an elevator is located immediately inside the doors of the lower west entrance to Hilton Coliseum.
- Graduates needing special assistance (e.g., wheelchair seating, sign language interpreter, captioning services, service animals, etc.) prior to, or during, the ceremony should contact the OASA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A sign language interpreter will be located on a small platform in front of the stage.
- Captioning will be available on the lower portion of the jumbotron.
Arrival Time and Location
- Arrival Time: 2 p.m.
- Lineup Location: North entrance, students will park in lot C1
- DVM candidates will be led by faculty marshals voted by the class, Dr. Gayle Brown and Dr. Rebecca Walton.
- DVM candidates will proceed to the stage from the south side.
- DVM candidate will be hooded by faculty voted by the class, Dr. Rebecca Ward and Dr. James Noxon.
- DVM candidate will then proceed to Dean Dan Grooms for the diploma.
- DVM candidate will be acknowledged by President Wintersteen and proceed to the stage where the Marshal Walton will congratulate.
- DVM candidate will then exit the stage, enter the photo tent, and return to their seat.
- Masks may be left on the chair as they walk across the stage, but must be put back on when seated.
- Faculty will lead the students out for the recessional.
For More Information
2270A Vet Med