Patrick J Gorden
Diplomate - ACVCP (2018)
PhD, Iowa State University (2017)
Diplomate - ABVP-Certified in Dairy Practice (2004)
DVM, Iowa State Univerity College of Veterinary Medicine (1993)
VDPAM 402 - Advanced Dairy Production Informatics
VDPAM 476 - Food Animal and Camelid Field Services
VDPAM 484 - Dairy Production Medicine
VDPAM 485 - Applied Dairy Production Medicine Preceptorship
VDPAM 491 - Advanced Ruminant Nutrition
VDPAM 494 - Advanced Dairy Production Medicine
Milk quality, mastitis control, drug residue prevention in milk and meat
Director – Food Supply Veterinary Medicine – VDPAM
Vice President - American Association of Bovine Practitioners
National Conference of Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS), Executive Committee, Appendix N Modification Sub-committee
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, Certified in Dairy Practice
American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP)
American Dairy Science Association (ADSA)
American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
National Mastitis Council (NMC)
- Warner, R, JA Ydstie, LW Wulf, R Gehring, JF Coetzee, JP Mochel, and PJ Gorden. 2020. Comparative pharmacokinetics of meloxicam between healthy post-partum versus mid-lactation dairy cattle. Front Vet Sci, DOI: 10.3389/fvets.2020.00548.
- Rowe, SM, SM Godden, DV Nydam, PJ Gorden, A Lago, AK Vasquez, E Royster, J Timmerman, and MJ Thomas. 2020. Randomized controlled trial investigating the effect of two selective dry cow therapy protocols on udder health and performance in the subsequent lactation. J Dairy Sci, 103:6493-6503, DOI: 10.3168/jds.2019-17961.
- Rowe, SM, SM Godden, DV Nydam, PJ Gorden, A Lago, AK Vasquez, E Royster, J Timmerman, and MJ Thomas. 2020. Evaluation of rapid culture, a predictive algorithm, esterase somatic cell count and lactate dehydrogenase to detect intramammary infection in quarters of dairy cows at dry-off. Prev Vet Med, 104982, DOI: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2020.104982.
- Rowe, SM, SM Godden, DV Nydam, PJ Gorden, A Lago, AK Vasquez, E Royster, J Timmerman, and MJ Thomas. 2020. Randomized controlled non-inferiority trial investigating the effect of two selective dry cow therapy protocols on antibiotic use and udder health: quarter-level outcomes. J Dairy Sci, 103(7):6473-6492, DOI: 10.3168/jds.2019-17728.
- Eder, JM, PJ Gorden, JD Lippolis, TA Reinhardt, and RE Sacco. 2020. Lactation stage impacts the glycolytic function of bovine CD4+ T cells during ex vivo activation. Sci Rep, Sci Rep, 10:4045. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-020-60691-2.
- Gorden, PJ, MD Kleinhenz, R Warner, PK Sidhu, and JF Coetzee. 2019. Depletion of flunixin milk residues following transdermal administration to lactating Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci, 102:11465-11469, DOI: 10.3168/jds.2019-16639.
- Kleinhenz, MD, PJ Gorden, JS Smith, J Schleining, K Kleinhenz, J Juarez, D Rea, and JF Coetzee. 2019. Effects of transdermal flunixin meglumine on experimentally induced lameness in adult dairy cattle. J Dairy Sci, 102:6418-6430, DOI: 10.3168/jds.2018-15091.
- Lin, Z, C He, DR Magstadt, VL Cooper, MD Kleinhenz, JS Smith, PJ Gorden, LW Wulf, and JF Coetzee. 2019. Tissue residue depletion and estimation of extralabel meat withdrawal intervals for tulathromycin in calves after pneumatic dart administration. J Anim Sci. 97(9):3714-3726, DOI: 10.1093/jas/skz231.
- Kleinhenz, MD, JA Ydstie, and PJ Gorden. 2019. Case report: Management of Klebsiella spp mastitis on a dairy farm. Bov Pract, 53:19-26.
- Jenkins, SJN, E Okello, PV Rossitto, TW Lehenbauer, J Champagne, MCT Penedo, AG Arruda, S Godden, P Rapnicki, PJ Gorden, LL Timms, and SS Aly. 2019. Molecular epidemiology of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species isolated at different lactation stages from dairy cattle in the United States. PeerJ, 7:e6749, DOI: 10.7717/peerj.6749.