Premises ID Barcode Labels on VDL Submissions
Working together to enhance preparedness and capabilities
Premises ID Basics
- What is it?
- A national seven-digit alphanumeric identifier for each farm site
- Why is it important?
- This number does not change even if a site name or ownership changes
- In the event of a foreign animal or reportable disease outbreak or for use in producer-driven herd health management initiatives, the Premises ID would allow data to be linked within and between laboratories, databases, and area regional disease management tools.
- Premises ID is the foundation of area region disease control, FAD preparedness, and for producer participation in the continuity of business programs (Secure Pork) being developed for the US Pork Industry.
- Why barcode labels?
- Reduce error and increase efficiency at both the submitter and lab entry levels
How to Order
- Click and download the Premises ID Barcode Label Template spreadsheet
- Populate fields (Premises ID , Site Name, and Owner)
- Enter address in specified field where labels can be mailed
- Site name is limited to 30 characters
- “Owner” is strictly for the veterinary clinic or production system ordering the labels purposes.
- Email spreadsheet to email@example.com with “Premises ID Barcode Labels” in the subject line
How to Use
- One sheet of Premises ID barcode labels per site will be validated, designed, printed, & mailed to the address indicated on the spreadsheet
- Place Premises ID barcode label in the designated area on the VDL submission form
- Please use only ONE PREMISES ID PER SUBMISSION FORM
Confidentiality & Biosecurity
- All labels will be printed, handled, and mailed from remote location to guarantee strict biosecurity
- Strict confidentiality will be maintained at all times
- Participation does NOT include, infer, or give permission for data sharing by any party.
- Use of “Affiliate Codes” on VDL submission forms are required to allow the VDL’s to share data of non-reportable diseases with permissioned parties other than Submitter, Clinic, and Bill-Party.